Being three-quarters German, I’ve always wanted to do an Oktoberfest tribute event at Chesapeake Cigar. After months of negotiation, I was able to nail down the one and only Matt Booth of Room 101 fame to anchor this pet project event. My mission for Oktweeterfest is to spotlight our lines of boutique (or, as Matt Booth likes to call Room 101, Salon) cigars. Chesapeake Cigar is the number one boutique cigar destination in the Annapolis, MD area!
The reason I named this event Oktweeterfest is that I’m hoping to build this into aHUGE fall social media family attraction over the coming years. My ever growing list of followers on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook is very important to me. I count it a privilege to be involved in the lives of so many people all over the world through the Internet social media communities and groups such as Reddit, BOTL and more. And, of course, attendance is not limited to just my social media friends — our thousands of local customers are also very welcomed to attend.
Oktweeterfest 2012 will feature the following cigar manufacturers and attractions:
- Room 101 / Camacho — Matt Booth (@Room101Cigars) and Camacho Joe Holtman will be here from 5 PM till…
- Nomad Cigar Company — Fred Rewey (@GodFadr) is flying in from sunny Florida to introduce his micro-boutique line. NomadONLY sells cigars to Brick & Mortar cigar shops. We spent quite a bit of time with Fred at IPCPR in Orlando (lots of drinking was involved) and we were WOWed by his micro-boutique cigars.
- Tarazona Cigars — Our friend, Eddie Tarazona (@TarazonaCigars) will be at Clemson watching his Virginia Tech QB son, Logan Thomas, BEAT-UP on the Tigers, but he’s sending the Lovely Lady Of The Stick (@ladyofthestick), Christine Morgan and our good friend @_LOD in his place.
- B&B Cigar Club — The Masters Of Disaster (@BandBcigarClub) will be our official Oktweeterfest 2012 beer sponsor. They will be providing several Oktoberfest offerings throughout the event.
- Chef Edwin Scholly — Edwin is a Chef at the White House (yeah, the big one on Pennsylvania Ave in DC) and a HUGE cigar fan. He will be crafting several Oktoberfest-style German dishes for our enjoyment.
- Commandante Lobo — Unless you’ve been to the shop at the right time, you’ve NEVER had a Commandante Lobo cigar. These sticks are hand-carried from a VERY SMALL factory in Granada Nicaragua – Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper, Indonesian binder and 3-year aged ORGANICALLY grown Nicaraguan filler from the fields at the base of a volcano named Mombacho. We’ve been aging these sticks since July just for this event.
- Sassy Ash Cigar Accessories — The crafty @43prettyinpink aka Jeannie Martinson will be showcasing her line of cigar-centric lighters, cutters, rings, belt buckles, cufflinks, bangles and more.
- Cigar Rights of America — @CigarRights As one of Maryland’s two CRA Ambassadors, I spotlight this great organization every chance I get. As the ONLY Great American Smokeshop in this region, I am able to get access to the highly coveted CRA Samplers. I have a handful of the most current CRA Samplers hidden away just for this event. Sold-Out pretty much nationwide, you get 10 FANTASTIC cigars and a FREE year membership / extension to CRA for just $109.99. This package would be valued at over $200 if sold separately. Featuring Opux X, Avo, Tatuaje Black, Diamond Crown and other exclusive cigars, this sampler is a MUST HAVE for your humidor!
- AND, more… (We’re working on several other lines to spotlight. Check back for updates!)
The day’s events start at 11 AM. Matt Booth and Camacho Joe will be joining us at 5 PM and staying till 9 PM or when they get bored, whichever is later. Come early and plan to stay throughout the evening!